What Is Cloud Hosted PBX?
You’ve heard the terms before: virtual PBX, hosted PBX, cloud-hosted PBX, IP PBX. But you may have wondered whether they are the same thing, or how they differ.
The days of dialing a “9” to make an outside call from your business telephone system are over. Voice over internet protocol, or VoIP, has changed the way companies communicate. Rather than a traditional landline system as its infrastructure, VoIP uses the internet. Instead of dedicated voice lines, you simply use the same data cables that you connect to your computer, so that a phone, computer and smartphone running a VoIP app all connect to the same PBX.
The “cloud-hosted” or “virtual” part simply means that this network isn’t housed in a colossal warehouse of servers. Instead, it’s spread out across servers around the world — the cloud refers to it being stored in and moved across the internet. When you make a call, it’s communicated to your service provider via the cloud, and your call then reaches its destination.
Forget about costly, clunky PBX equipment that’s tied to one location. Cloud-hosted PBX simplifies the way your business makes calls — and it does so much more affordably than a traditional phone system.
As IT experts with more than thirty years of experience, Taylored unites your company’s communications with cloud-hosted PBX solutions.
How Cloud-Based PBX Benefits Your Business
When you switch to cloud-hosted PBX, you’ll enjoy immediate benefits, including:
- Dramatic savings – Never again will you need to buy, lease or pay costly maintenance fees for complex equipment. We deliver your hosted PBX system right over your internet connection. A predictable and affordable monthly service charge means peace of mind around your budget.
- No more technical maintenance – Have your own in-house IT staff? Free them up for more strategic work that feeds business goals. In the meantime, we own and manage all the virtual PBX equipment, software and upgrades behind the curtain so that you don’t have to. A cloud-based PBX system for small businesses like this can offer a dramatic cost savings in internal IT.
- United business communications – Be it multiple locations, in-office staff, home-based employees, or traveling workers, one thing is certain. Cloud-hosted PBX gives your business seamless connectivity to take business calls on any device, from any location.
- A competitive edge – One of the best advantages of cloud-hosted PBX is that it’s forward thinking. As technology evolves, your business will already have access to it.
- Technology that grows with you – As your business size and needs fluctuate, your cloud-hosted PBX accommodates. With no need for a big upgrade, you’re able to make incremental adjustments to your service level as you need it. Order what you need now, and add more lines or users at any time.
- Simplification – Forget about an increasing number of names to add to your vendor list. We provide everything you need — your phones and calling features, as well as your local, long-distance and international calls.
- Redundant backups – Our multiple data backups and disaster recovery solutions mean you’ll always have access to your data in the event of an emergency.
Ready to get started? Give us a call today at 317-776-4000 to start reaping the benefits of a cloud-based PBX system.